Having a mobile ready website is absolutely necessary for any business. If you already have a website and it isn’t “responsive” for the mobile phone then it is time to upgrade. Even grandma has a smartphone and she is using it.
Having a mobile ready website isn’t the only reason to upgrade, being able to use all the features and enhancements available to the mobile marketer can make a big difference. If a person is looking for a service like yours or a product that you sell, there is a greater than 50% chance they are on their phones looking.
The smartphone allows your prospect to easily “tap to call” or auto-fill in contact forms, or connect with their scheduler. Mobile marketing includes collecting leads so you can text message them of deals or special offers. Everyone will read a text message. This is the power of mobile marketing.
Top 10 Reasons Your Local Business Needs a Mobile Ready Website
- Over 90% of all smartphone owners keep their phone within arms length, day and night
- Coupons marketed specifically for smartphone users get a redemption rate of
more than 10 timesthat of the old style coupon.
- Just to explain the real popularity of the mobile phone consider that there are 7 billion people on the planet, just over 4 billion of them have a toothbrush but over 5 BILLION have a cell phone.
- It is predicted that Mobile Marketing will be the avenue used that will funnel over 15% of the money spent online.
- When a person is using their smartphone to shop – studies indicate that 9 out of 10 searches result in action taken – this can be broken down into over 50% resulted in a phone call on a mobile ad and over 60% were phone calls as a result of a local business search.
- Further break down mobile local searches and you find that over 70% result in action within the hour of the search! This compared to an online search which results in action within the month.
- Facebook may be a social network but they are mobile optimized and have over 900 MILLION users, and the mobile Facebook users are TWICE as active as non-mobile users.
- Email correspondence studies show that the average person responds to an email within 90 minutes whereas a person replies to a text message within 90 seconds on average!
- The importance of an individuals smart phone is exemplified when knowing that it takes the average individual 26 hours to notice and report their wallet was lost and only just over one hour to report their phone was lost.
- Being front and center wherever your customer is looking will put you in a position that effectively allows you to
compete head on with even the LARGEST competitor.
Mobile Marketing in a basket
As you can see from the list above, by utilizing mobile you can really target your marketing efforts that can result in immediate and greater ROI than traditional methods. The response to mobile marketing methods is still faster than any other marketing method in history.
Mobile marketing isn’t the “next big thing” – it IS the BIG THING and its here!