A sales letter is a letter written specifically to target a particular audience to persuade them to take a particular action. Perhaps to make a specific purchase, or leave their email, or some other measurement of successful conversion.
The sales letter is designed to be informative and should appeal to the needs of the reader.
The old style sales letter would show up in the mailbox or the newspaper. Now they are designed on landing or ‘squeeze’ pages. Direct to your email. And can also be found in forums, Facebook, and all sorts of ingenious places. The online sales letter is a form of internet advertising.
The newest sales letter is the VSL or video sales letter and it converts like crazy. Welcome to the age of video advertising.
How to write a Sales Letter
The first thing to do is to get your targeted customer list. This doesn’t have to be an email list – but know who you are writing to. Decide on your ideal client and cater to them.
What is the solution that you are offering that will address the ‘pain’ of your customer. How will your product ease their pain?
Here are a few tips to making an effective sales letter
1. Establish authority and trust: if you have high profile endorsements or testimonials – flaunt it.
2. Get cool quick: by the second paragraph you should be presenting yourself as the smart dude or dudette that you are. Highlight with all the great stuff you are bringing to the table. Be special, not boring.
3. Call to action: absolute must – don’t assume they KNOW what to do.
4. Give them a reason: give them the answer to ‘why now’
5. Be sincere: be you – don’t just sell, sell, sell.
A Video Sales letter can outperform the old style sales letter. In some cases people have reported DOUBLE the conversions in just about all markets.
The old salesletters have been with us for a long, long time because they have traditionally worked well.
Even some really BAD video sales letters do well. The nitty gritty formula of how to put together a winning video sales letter (VSL). Write it, record it, and host it.
Learn all the strategies used to put together some of the biggest converting sales messages in a very long time. These are strategies that you can begin to implement immediately so you too can pump up your conversions and sales.
The training is in 5 parts:
- The 3 MUST HAVEs that your video sales letter needs to convert
- 12 steps to take in making a fabulously hypnotic sales message
- Why “Ugly” outperforms “pretty” VSL’s in most markets
- The 3 absolute best choices for hosting your Video Sales Letter
- Sneaky little tricks that will help you to get the MOST out of your video traffic